Are you an Indian entrepreneur or new company, engineering consultant, architect, researcher or academic? Do you have an innovative project related to Lafarge building materials (aggregates, cement, concrete and gypsum) and that contributes to sustainable construction? If so, Lafarge can help you make it a reality!
Submit your project
The Lafarge Invention Awards aim to encourage and reward innovative projects related to building materials and contributing to sustainable construction, this year in India. The fast pace of Indian economic and demographic growth is indeed generating immense needs for new infrastructure and housing, which must be met through new, innovative approaches to construction that take into account social, economic and environmental imperatives.
Projects submitted should be based on an invention less than 5 years old. They should involve a new product, industrial process, construction method or service and should have reached at least the prototype phase, ideally demonstrated in a real construction project.
- 1st prize: 1,000,000 INR
- 2nd prize: 500,000 INR
- 3rd prize: 250,000 INR
Winners will also be invited on an all-expenses paid visit to the Lafarge Research Center, the world’s leading research facility in building materials.
- September 1st – November 30th 2011: Submission of projects via the on-line entry form below
- January 2012: Pre-selection of 10 finalists by a panel of Lafarge experts
- March 2012: Presentation by finalists to a Jury of Lafarge executives and renowned experts and selection of the three winning projects
Projects will be judged on:
- their innovative nature,
- their viability and economic impact,
- their technical feasibility (with an existing prototype),
- and their contribution to sustainable construction.
To submit your project, please visit the website http://www.lafarge-inventionawards.com/index_en.html